EL PASO, TX (KTSM) - It’s campaign season in El Paso and the Code Compliance Division of the Environmental Services Department reminds the public that campaign signs must adhere to the following regulations.
- Signs may be located on the public right-of-way (area between sidewalk and curb) without the requirement of a permit or a special privilege.
- Signs must be framed, portable two-sided (message on both sides), single panel style or two connected single panels (“A-frame” or “tent style”)
- The frame of the sign is constructed entirely of wood and/or metal enclosing the sign panel(s), except non-commercial signs as defined in the El Paso City Code, Title 20, Chapters 20.02 and 20.18 (Sign Regulations)
- The face of the sign is constructed of wood, metal, plastic or hardboard material
- The face of the sign is no larger than five square feet
- The sign area is no greater than nine square feet, and does not exceed 36 inches in height in any direction
- Signs are NOT permitted on the median
- Signs are freestanding, without requiring staking in the ground
- Signs cannot include any lighting
- Signs located on the public right-of-way are allowed between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The sign owner shall be responsible for all claims, causes of action, liability, damages and/or expenses for any damage to or loss of any property, or any injury to any person, resulting from use of city right-of-way.
For more information on campaign sign regulations, see the attached fact sheet or call the Code Compliance Division at (915) 212-0134 or 311.